The Acrobrat by Ummagawd
Ummagawd created a miniquad that doesn’t intimidate newcomers, and doesn’t disappoint seasoned FPV pilots. A balance of size, budget and fun-factor, that encourages anyone to create awesome HD FPV videos, without risking expensive equipment, breaking laws, or scaring spectators. (Full description with more pictures coming soon)
- Deliver an HD freestyle quad for less than the price of a gopro session 5 (at the time $299)
- A 3” quad that feels and flies like a 5”
- Uses the runcam split mini, but mitigates the jello issues that the split is prone to
- all in a package that is fairly durable and not intimidating for the pilot or spectators
- Unibody Main plate = 3mm bi-axial Toray Carbon Fiber
- Side plates (w/adjustable FPV cam placement) = 2mm bi-axial Toray Carbon Fiber
- Battery plate (w/optional top mount FC holes) = 1.5mm bi-axial Toray Carbon Fiber
- Hardware = Stainless Steel
- Frame Dampeners = Custom Poly-urethane
- Motor to Motor (diagonal) = 163mm
- Motor to Motor (front to back/side to side) = 115mm
- Overall Frame size = 141x141mm
- Frame height = 55.5mm
- Dry Frame Weight = 54g
- Motor bolt pattern = 12x12mm
- Motor c-clip hole = 6mm
I recently bought this frame after lots of research as my first quad build bigger then a Whoop. I’m buying the parts over time as I do my research. So I don’t have much experience with frames to know th difference but as someone that work in the robotics industry it’s manufactured very well. I also bought 3D printed parts from Brain 3D which were also made very well. The only bad thing I have to say is that as my first purchase from the sight I was really looking forward to getting some Roto Riot stickers and there now in the package.
The frame looks great, flies great and is easy to build. However, two base plates/arms broken in a week is a bit too much.
They break through the screw holes. That area is too weak. I love flying it but will stay away from the brat unless the arms are redesigned. A bit of a disappointment.
hasn’t arrived yet homies, lol
This frame is awesome. I have to say, Acrobrat did a good job with creating this solid frame.
Quality 1, Carbon awsome and easy to build verry clean build .Love this design highly recomend this to all who want a great 3 inch!!!